Hello everyone, so, in this article we will tell you about how to install Kodi on Chromebooks. If you have Google Play in your Chromebook then installing Kodi on Chromebook will be more simple. First of all you should look for Kodi on in Google Play. After that click install button to get the Kodi Android app. But with some reason your Chromebook doesn’t have Google play, installation will be a little bit hard. But you may still be able to pull it off. Just read below some tips about how to install Kodi on Chromebooks.
- 1 Before we Proceed
- 2 If you have Google Play, installing Kodi is easy
- 3 Here’s how to install Kodi if you don’t have Google Play
- 4 Turn the Kodi APK into a Google Chrome extension
- 5 Now that you’ve got Kodi, install some 3rd party App
- 6 Are Kodi 3rd party App legal?
- 7 Check out these awesome 3rd party sports App
- 8 Where can I get more App?
- 9 How can I change the way Kodi looks?
- 10 What are Kodi builds?
BEFORE WE PROCEED
We always highly recommend alls ours users to use a VPN during when you use Kodi. Kodi users have been found out to get copyright infringement notices for streaming films, sports, and TV shows through different App. And if you want to hold your streaming habits private, together with ours recommendations are – a complete privacy decision for Kodi users. It’s also worth noting that buying the 12 month subscription will give you two months free.
IF YOU HAVE GOOGLE PLAY, INSTALLING KODI IS EASY
After that like installation will be completing, you’re very good to go. Just pull up Kodi and use it just like you would any other kind of Chromebook Kodi app.
HERE’S HOW TO INSTALL KODI IF YOU DON’T HAVE GOOGLE PLAY
STEP #1: GET CHROME OS 53
learn more, that you can updates and open up your Chromebook’s settings. Click “About Chrome OS.” Then, click “Fore more info…” You need to see a section that says “Channel” and a “Change channel” button underneath.
So, next you need to learn out about which version of Chrome you have, just will look at the number next to version. The screenshot above indicates that the current Chrome OS version is Chrome OS 32.
You can click the “Change channel” button to see if you can update to Chrome OS version 53 or later.
Note: Depending on what kind of Chromebook you have, Perhaps you will need to choose the “Beta” or “Developer” channels to get Chrome OS 53.
Don’t get alarmed by the fact that the Creator channel has the word “unstable” next to it. All that means is that you might be more likely to run into glitches and bugs when you use your Chromebook. You can always switch back to “stable” mode if glitches prove to be too much of an issue.
Note: Switching from “beta” to “stable” mode will remove all your downloaded files. Be sure to back everything up before you make the change.
STEP #2: GET ARC WELDER
Arc Welder is a instrument that Google creator use to do on new software. Anyway, you don’t need to be a creator to download and use it. Just follow this link to get to the Arc Welder download page and then click “install.”
STEP #3: DOWNLOAD A KODI APK
There a lot of APK sites out there. Although, some are more trustworthy than others. We highly recommend that you use the popular APK site APKMirror to download the Kodi APK.
Once you detect the Kodi APK, pick the variant that matches up with your Chromebook system and download it to your downloads folder.
Check out APKMirror’s “handy FAQ” link if you’re not sure which Kodi APK variant to download.
STEP #4: CONFIGURE ARC WELDER
For beginning, you need you open up the Arc Welder application on your Chromebook. Next click the plus sign in the orange circle next to add your APK. This will open your Chromebook’s file folder.
Now, navigate to wherever you downloaded the Kodi APK file. Choose the Kodi APK file, then click open.
Next will just wait for a several seconds for the Kodi APK to load. When it’s ready, you will see the test your app screen depicted below.
Right now, click on the “Test” button in the lower right. It will take few minutes for Kodi to initialize the first time you run the test.
Once Kodi loads, you can use it just like you normally would on any other platform.
TURN THE KODI APK INTO A GOOGLE CHROMEEXTENSION
The Arc Welder application can allow to you to run Kodi on Chrome OS, even if you don’t have GooglePlay. But what if you don’t wish to go through the long process described above every time you want to run Kodi?
Thankfully, there’s a decision.
Here’s how to turn the Kodi APK into a Google Chrome extension.
First of all open up Google Chrome. Click the three dots in the top right-hand corner, then scroll down to more tools. Next, click extensions.
Make sure that developer mode is checked at the top of the page.
Click the load unpachked extensions button in the top left.
If you have already tested the Kodi APK with Arc Welder, you need to detect a file named KODI.apk_export. Choose it to add Kodi to your Chrome OS extensions.
Note: You shouldnt worry about the pink warning box around Kodi. It just means that the extension wasn’t created in the “normal” way.
After that you will have Kodi setup as a Google Chrome extension, you can use it just like a normal extension. Next just click the Kodi icon when you’re ready to use Kodi.
NOW THAT YOU’VE GOT KODI, INSTALL SOME 3RD PARTY APP
3rd party Kodi App are did by creatos that are not affiliated with (or endorsed by) the people that make the official Kodi software.
And finally, for the help 3rd party App, you can stream just about any type of content you can imagine: HD films, TV shows, live sports games, anime, documentaries, foreign language channels, cartoons and much, much more.
The best part about 3rd party App is that they are nearly all of them are 100% free.
Here are some links to some addon guides that can help get you started:
- 1Best Cody App 2017 – The Complete Guide. Are you totally new to the concept of Kodi App? If so, our 2017 guide is a very good place to begin.
- Best Live TV App for Kodi 2017 – Watch Live TV on Kodi. Live TV feeds tend to go up and down a lot. But if you have the best and most up-to-date live TV App, you will run into less dead links.
- 1Best Cody App for Movies 2017 – Watch Movies on Kodi. Get access to thousands of new and classic films by downloading and installing these cool film App.
- Best HD Video App for Kodi 2017 – Watch HD Movies on Kodi. This article focuses on film App that have very big HD films catalogs.
- 1Best Cody App for Cartoons 2017 – Watch Cartoons on Kodi. Receive these App and you will do your children very happy, and you will watch some Cartoon together with your children any time of the day.
ARE KODI 3RD PARTY APP LEGAL?
You will not give out your email, sign up for free trials or wade through pop-ups to use 99% of all 3rd party Kodi App. As a result, a lot of Kodi users are opting to cancel their cable subscriptions.
If you want to find out more information about the legality of Kodi, you should read this article:
CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME 3RD PARTY SPORTS APP
- Best Live Sports App for Kodi 2017 – Watch Live Sports on Kodi. This article is a great resource for receiving familiar with best sports App that Kodi has to suggest.
- Watch NFL on Kodi 2016-2017 Season – Live Stream Guide. These NFL App you can use for watching American football games online for free.
- Watch College Football on Kodi 2016-2017 – Live Stream Guide. Here you can watch your favorite college football team live with these great college football centric App.
- How to Watch NBA on Kodi 2016-2017 Season – NBA Kodi App. This article can show you how to receive all the best professional basketball App.
- How to Watch College Basketball on Kodi – NCAA on Kodi. When March Madness rolls around, just fire up Kodi and pull up a stream.
- How to Watch UFC on Kodi: Best MMA/UFC Kodi App. If you are into mixed martial arts, you won’t go wrong with these App.
- Watch English Premier League (EPL) on Kodi 2016-2017. If you live outside of the UK, EPL games are hard to detect – but not if you know which App to use.
WHERE CAN I GET MORE APP?
The best 3rd party repos come with menus that can allow you to easily browse and install new App.
And one more great thing about repositories, they constantly up-to-date your App. If you download an addon without also installing the repository that goes with it, you will miss out when the creators pushes out upgrates. If you don’t get the upgrates, your App will eventually stop working. Stream sources go up and go down all the time.
If you want to find out more information about Kodi repositories, please just read this article:
HOW CAN I CHANGE THE WAY KODI LOOKS?
Check out the article below to view screenshots of 10 of Kodi’s most popular skins.
WHAT ARE KODI BUILDS?
If you want to quickly try out a bunch of new App that you may have never heard of before, Kodi builds are your best bet.
Here are 3 of our favorite builds.
Team Wookie is a group of 4 Kodi creators that work together to create builds, wizards and App forKodi.
“WE ARE LIKE A HAIRIER VERSION OF THE SPICE GIRLS, READY TO OFFER YOU THE MUST HAVE BUILD IN SPMC AND KODI.” – WOOKIESPMC.COM
If you lool for more infomation about Wookie, just check out this article:
The team at Top Tutorials are behind one of the most maintained and upgrated builds there is: Ultra TT. Ultra TT is lightweight, fairly well-organized, streamlined and ultra fast.
if you look for more information, just check out:
Apollo is one of the best and large Kodi build I have come across so far. Even though it’s a little sluggish compared to lightweight Kodi builds, it looks great, has a ton of App and comes with a full-featured installation wizard that advanced Kodi users will love.
If you look for more information, just check out: